KANUNGU- The Kinkizi East Independent nominated candidate Deus Nkwasibwe also known as Omusisa, has rejected a proposal to attend meeting aimed at reconciling National Resistance Movement (NRM) losers in Kanungu District.
According to a statement issued by Nkwasibwe today morning, the activity which is organized by NRM Secretariat was done through telephone calls without formal invitation and that’s how he got to know it from his supporters.
Hon. Nkwasibwe said that he decided not to attend the meeting due to the reasons that were earlier presented to the NRM Secretariat in his petition which were not addressed.
He said that reconciliation was among the planned activities just like the way elections were done and hearing of petitions were presented.
Hon. Nkwasibwe said that while the elections were held after which petitions were presented, they were a total failure and therefore this reconciliation activity may achieve more or less of the same results.
He also pointed out that during reconciliation, the parties must be willing to negotiate and resolve issues which were earlier presented prior to the meeting.
Nkwasibwe therefore said that he will only participate in a meeting where Dr. Chris Baryomunsi whom he accused of arbitrary grabbing his victory is willing to return it to the people of Kinkizi East.
He also said the NRM losers from Kigezi Sub Region whose victories were robbed resolved not participate in the ongoing reconciliation process and their reasons were forwarded to the party leadership and they hope the Party Chairman will resolve their issues or the voters will make their voice known in the election where most of them returned as independent candidates.
Here below is Kinkizi East Independent Candidate Press Statement in full.
Sunday October, 25th 2020
NRM RECONCILIATION MEETING
I learnt about the above mentioned activity which is organized by NRM secretariat through telephone calls from my supporters. I wish to state that I will not attend the meeting due to the following reasons:
1. Reconciliation was among the planned activities just like the way we had Elections, hearing of Petitions among others and so to me it’s an activity which must be conducted regardless of the outcome. It’s just like other “rituals” that have been performed before. The first two activities were a total failure and this last one may achieve more or less of the same results.
2. During reconciliation, the parties must be willing to negotiate/resolve issues which are clearly stated by the organizers prior to the meeting. I shall therefore only participate in a meeting where Dr. Chris is willing to return the victory to the people of Kinkizi East.
3. Lastly, we a have forum for those whose victories were robbed from Kigezi Sub region and we resolved not participate in the ongoing process and our reasons were forwarded to the party leadership. We all acknowledged that there is a real decision maker, whom shall be either the Chairman of the Party or Voters.
I therefore want to conclude by thanking TEAM OMUSISA for the concern and continued support. I won’t shift your expectations and shall continue to ensure that all steps/actions taken are well aligned towards reclaiming our victory come 14th January 2021.
Deus Nkwasibwe OMUSISA
MP Candidate, Kinkizi East County.
- Government donates 20 heifers to Kigezi Diocese
- Famous Bushenyi’s Can Zabrone Rushambuza passes on
- Uganda’s COVID-19 Death toll surpasses 100