KAMPALA- The Police in Kampala are investigating circumstances under which 2 children were last night burnt to death in a house in Wakiso District.
Kampala Metroplitan Police Spokesman Patrick Onyango said that the fire broke on 28th August 2020 at night in Kisimbiri Ward in Wakiso Town Council.
According to information got from members of the community, the fire broke out in a house belonging to Godfrey Lule, a resident of Kisimbiri A village, Kisimbiri Parish Wakiso Town Council in Wakiso District.
Onyango said that when the Police arrived at scene, they discovered two juveniles Cyrus Lule aged 9 months and Jeremiah Muhingo aged 2 years burnt to death in the house.
It is alleged that the mother to the deceased children only identified as Agnes, left charcoal stove inside the house, which caused the fire when she had gone out of the house for party and her husband was also not at home when the incident took place.
When the mother to the kids received the news she fainted and was rushed to hospital and the bodies were taken to the city mortuary for post mortem.
Onyango said that the case is under investigations and appealed to the general public not to leave charcoal stoves or burning candles without an adult attending to them.
- Two tourists feared dead as their boat capsize in River Nile
- 600 UPDF troops awarded medals by UN Secretary General
- Kyambogo University Earmarks UGX 400M for Online Learning