KAMPALA- The Police leadership has started the process to recruit more than 5000 Officers in the recruitment process that commenced today.
In a notice issued by the Police Press and Public Relations Officer CP Fred Enanga, the Police management has effective today Monday September 7th 2020 started receiving Applicants for those intending to join the force.
“We would like to inform the public that the 2nd batch of recruitment of 5000 police recruits has commenced today 7/09/2020. Applications are therefore invited from interested candidates beginning 7th September 2020 till the 19th September 2020, and should be submitted at the respective District/Divisional Police Headquarters” Enanga said in a statement.
The applications according to Enanga shall be transferred to Police Headquarters where a shortlist of successful candidates shall be processed and published for interviews at a date that will be released later.
This new batch of officers forms part of the recruitment of 10,000 new police officers which was launched in August 2019, as part of the police uplift program. It is our determination therefore, to continue with our planned programs despite the difficult Covid-19 climate.
The first batch of new officers was successfully passed out, Covid-19 free on the 21/08/2020. All interested applicants are advised to read and acquaint themselves with the minimum eligibility criteria before they apply.
As a reminder they must;
1. Possess a maximum academic qualification of UCE Certificate (O’level) or its equivalent with at least 4 credits including English and at least a pass in mathematics. Those who possess qualifications above UCE should NOT
2. Be a Ugandan Citizen Valid National ID (NIN)
3. Have no criminal record
4. Be ready to undertake the requisite twelve months Police Basic Training Course.
5. Be physically fit
6. Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
7. Be ready to work in any part of the country.
8. Possess good communication skills
9. Must not be a former serving officers in any of the forces.
HOW TO APPLY
· Hand written applications addressed to the IGP accompanied by
· Certified copies of Academic documents
· Photocopy of the National ID
· Photocopy of the ID of the previous schools attended.
· 3 recent Passport size photographs
· Recommendation letters from LCI, LCII, LCIII and RDC (from the respective districts of recruitment).
· All in the file folder which should be delivered to the Police District/Divisional Headquarters not later than 19/09/2020.
· Only shortlisted Candidates shall be invited from interviews on dates to be communicated.
We would like to further reiterate that the police is on equal opportunities employer and the process of recruitment is by rule and merit. The effective recruitment into the force is subject to successful completion of the initial training.
Therefore, all applicants are warned against giving bribes or make attempts to influence the recruitment process through politicians, unscrupulous people, intermediary agents or policemen.
The public should know that being a police officer is more than a career, but a noble calling. Any persons found to be giving false promises must be reported to the nearest police station, PSU or other Anti-Corruption Agency for investigation.
- Am not Suffering From Bullet Injuries – Rukutana Victim Breaks Silence
- Rukungiri man sets fiance ablaze in a gone bad affair
- Gov’t finally sets 20th September